Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Power Shift Network (PSN)! PSN is a decentralized network composed of organizations run by young people and campaigns that support youth organizing. Network Member Organizations are working to combat climate and environmental injustice, stop dirty energy projects, divest from fossil fuels, fix democracy, and build the just, clean-energy powered future young people need. We understand that these issues are deeply interlinked, and we believe that we can better tackle them as a coordinated network. To view the membership benefits of joining PSN including but not limited to mentorship, fiscal sponsorship, and trainings, please visit our Resource Guide.
As a new member, we will add the point person specified below to our online Slack community and email lists to receive and participate in Network-wide communications and updates. We also require member organization representatives to attend in-person PSN meetings and convenings if you are able (PSN will help mitigate and cover any financial barriers). Failure to follow these requirements, or lack of ability to communicate with your organization, may result in removal from the Network.
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited staff capacity, PSN has decided that we are currently only accepting organizations that are:
- majority Gen Z led OR multi-generationally led OR led by folks that are living in places directly and immediately affected by climate change, environmental injustice, & fossil fuel extraction (ie, fenceline or frontline communities)
AND one or more of the following:
- Indigenous, Black, and/or POC led (i.e., leadership that is NOT majority-white).
- multi-issue / multi-struggle focused, particularly, those focusing on migrant justice, international solidarity work, mutual aid, healing and reproductive justice, movement support work.
- located in the Southwest (NM, UT, AZ, NV, West Texas), Southern California, Southeast (East Texas, Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina), Hawaii, Alaska, Appalachia, as well as the U.S. territories including, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands ***
If you have any questions about membership, reach out to Kayla Soren at email@example.com.
Power Shift Network Members are...
- Working on the most important issues facing young people today.
- Out front driving the movement for climate justice.
- Grassroots community groups, small campus clubs, big well-connected NGOs, and everything in between.
- Diverse, welcoming, and collaborative.
- Smart, strategic, and passionate.
- Powerful af.
Power Shift Network Members get...
- Access to a variety of resources to grow your organizing skills, including trainings, members-only gatherings, strategy calls, and more.
- The ability to make connections with activists and organizers around the country working on interconnected issues.
- Opportunities for individual mentorship and leadership development.
- A vibrant network of collaborators to help you shine a light on your brilliant work and amplify your impact.
We can’t wait for you to join our community!
Divest Ed is a training and strategy hub working to grow and support the campus-based fossil fuel divestment movement. Together, they’re leveraging the power of educational institutions as moral pillars of their communities -- to drive divestment from climate-wrecking fossil fuel companies and investment in community-based climate solutions.
This is zero hour to act on climate change, and young people can’t afford to wait for adults. Zero Hour is a diverse, collaborative movement for climate justice that centers the voices and leadership of young people -- who have inherited a crisis that they had no hand in creating, but whose lives will be most impacted.