Power Shift 2021 Regional Recruitment Coordinator Fellowship
Job Location: Remote - US
Hours and Compensation: $400/month stipend from September-April for ~ 5 hours a week of work
Status: Contract/1099 Stipend
Reports to: Network Organizer
Supervises: Regional Pod Organizers
Location: Remote! Anywhere in the US.
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2020
Projected Start Date: September 7, 2020
About PSN & Power Shift 2021
Power Shift Network is a decentralized network made up of 90+ organizations committed to growing the power of the Youth Climate Movement. PSN is currently planning the relaunch of its iconic Power Shift convergences, which served as catalysts for many organizations and campaigns that have shaped today’s movements for a livable planet. Over the past two years, PSN has revised its strategy and outreach methods to more intentionally build a home for frontlines activists and BIPOC youth in climate justice work. Our National recruitment team will act as the driving force for building relationships with young activists and organizers as they gear up to attend the Power Shift 21 Convergence in New Orleans, Louisiana April 16th-18th, 2021.
The Regional Recruitment Coordinators(RRC’s) will step into a relationally based management, support, and leadership role within the Power Shift 2021 Recruitment Team. Directly supported by Power Shift Network staff, the RRC’s will collaborate, coach, and help guide the Pod Organizers in their region digitally as they build relationships with frontline activists dedicated to attending the convergence. Strong candidates will be a self-starting people-persons with a background or interest in climate and/or environmental justice, racial justice, and/or social justice movement work, with some data management skills (or at the least willing to learn a few). We are looking specifically for people who have a strong interest in building diversity in our recruitment team and centering those most affected by climate change and environmental racism.
PSN is deeply committed to the struggle to combat adultism, racism (including anti-Blackness), patriarchy, cissexism, and all other systems of oppression.
Job Activities & Responsibilities:
- Must attend National Recruitment Team calls (every other week)
- September 3rd & 17th, October 1st, 15th, and 29th, November 12th & 19th, and December 10th & 17th in 2020 (2:30 pm EST/1:30 pm CST/12:30 pm MT/ 11:30 am PST)
- January 14th & 28th, February 11th & 25th, and March 11th, and 25th in 2021 (2:30 pm EST/1:30 pm CST/12:30 pm MT/ 11:30 am PST)
- Responsible for helping hold the big picture goals regarding recruitment for Power Shift 2021, facilitate communication and coordination across regions, and keep everyone moving together
- Supports regional Pod Coordinator hiring & selection
- Responsible for convening Regional Team calls with Pod Coordinators(Opposing weeks of the Regional Recruitment Coordinator team calls)
- Responsible for supporting Pod Coordinators with developing and executing outreach plans, including managing data, contacts, and other responsibilities
- Supporting PSN staff around supporting fundraising coaching for youth groups interested in traveling to the convergence
- Able to attend Power Shift 2021 Convergence April 16-18th, 2021
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience organizing or volunteering in the youth climate movement, the environmental movement, racial justice, or other similar social justice grassroots campaigns, paid or unpaid
- Ability to work independently (remotely), cooperatively and effectively with Pod Organisers, PSN staff, and volunteers
- Knowledge of climate change, youth-led social movements, energy democracy, and/or related social justice issues to build a bold narrative around PSN’s recruitment strategy.
- Ability to support and facilitate connections and relationship building among individuals, formally and informally
- Deep commitment to anti-oppressive praxis
- Knowledgeable about the following platforms: Google Drive, Canva, and NeonCRM
- Graphic Design skills are a +
- Experience managing and coaching staff/volunteers is a +