Job Location: Remote - US
Hours and Compensation: Varies based on experience and geography, ranges from $37-55k, 100% employer paid health insurance premium with 50% dependent coverage, Simple IRA contribution, $125/month cell phone/internet reimbursement
Power Shift Network is a network of 98 organizations that centers youth leadership in the fight to halt pending climate catastrophe. We are hiring an organizer to support Network connectivity to support our Network Weaving and leadership development offerings as we establish ourselves as an anchor for the youth climate movement to connect, convene, and experiment and build power. Our ideal candidate will be connected with youth movements for social justice and focused on relational and transformative organizing models.
Job Activities & Responsibilities:
- Supports and provides professional assistance - including strategy coaching, leadership development, training, and other relevant components - to network member youth
- Connects network members and organizations to each other and ally organizations as the Network Organizer sees opportunities for collaboration and learning.
- Supports the development and implementation of our network engagement strategies
- Convenes and supports network members in goal setting, planning, and reporting against benchmarks.
- Assists in the development of Network recruitment strategy and implements the strategy along with the rest of the team.
- Documents and maintains Network communication in central and accessible locations, including growing cross-platform internal and external communication measures.
- Plans and coordinates strategy and activities to obtain media coverage of members and allies in regional and national media outlets; promotes volunteer media exposure; and assists the development of independent/youth-led media.
- May represent Power Shift Network in the media
- Supports the development and preparation of campaign issues information including the writing, editing, and distribution of fact sheets, organizing toolkits, and educational materials.
- Represents Power Shift Network in regional and national coalitions, at regional and national events and to the general public, as needed. This can include attending conferences and convenings of other networks and coalitions and participating in other formations’ working groups.
- Supports fundraising efforts: supports the growth of Power Shift Network’s individual donor base, occasionally may assist in foundation grant writing
- Supports the planning and execution of the Power Shift Convergence, Power Shift Network member annual meeting and other events, as needed.
Knowledge & Skills:
- One to three years of experience working with volunteers in the youth climate movement, environmental movement, political campaigns, or other similar organizations to plan and implement grassroots campaigns, paid or unpaid.
- Ability to work independently (often remotely), cooperatively and effectively with the public, staff, and volunteers.
- Project management across a diverse base of stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly write and explain complex issues and effectively communicate them to young volunteers.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of climate change, energy, or related social justice issues.
- Proficient with computer skills including database and word processing.
- Ability to effectively build social networks and relationships.
- Ability to support and facilitate connections and relationship building among individuals
Interest and/or experience in social movement strategy and structure.
Interest in organizational structure, base-building, and network theory